Exus North America Management Partners is seeking a Pittsburgh-based M&A Analyst to support the company’s wind and solar acquisitions, financing activities, and other analytical projects. This hands-on position will collaborate with other Exus team members and will support the maintenance of the company’s wind / solar project financial models used to evaluate projects, negotiate commercial terms, and obtain financing. Financial modeling includes the determination of assumptions about project costs, operating parameters, cash flow, tax benefits, project debt and tax equity, and performing sensitivity analysis to determine cash requirements and financial returns. The position requires a strong background in finance, and a keen attention to detail. The Analyst must have the ability to manage simultaneous modeling projects and collaborate with internal and external management, outside advisors, customers and suppliers to translate project agreements into highly iterative financial models.
The Analyst will report to the Finance Partner, work closely with the accounting and commercial groups, and will liaise with international colleagues.
The Analyst's main responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Excel-based financial modeling of the company’s renewable energy projects
2. Develop and maintain project models with current and updated assumptions
3. Perform sensitivity analysis on financial models to determine key drivers, optimal financing structures and financial rates of return
4. Compile and maintain auditable support for financial model assumptions
5. Provide narrative analysis on financial models
6. Prepare investment, financing and other presentations
7. Participate in meetings and clearly articulate modeling results to internal management and external parties, such as banks and auditors
1. Undergraduate degree in Finance or related field with a strong academic record
2. Experience in corporate finance preferred, with preference for experience in preparing and maintaining financial models and investment presentations
3. Educational or professional background in energy preferred
4. High level of competence with Excel and good working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
5. Experience managing simultaneous activities under deadlines
6. Strong analytical and communications skills, keen attention to detail, appreciation for objective, fact-based analysis
7. Demonstrated team player with a can-do attitude who takes a collaborative approach, strives for excellence, and acts with integrity
Exus Management Partners is an independent investment and asset management firm focused on the renewable energy sector (wind, photovoltaic and small hydro). Global partnership with offices in Europe, North America, and South America; growing company that offers great opportunity for career advancement in the next 2-4 years.