Exus is an independent investment and asset management firm focused on the renewable energy sector. The company works on behalf of an increasing variety of investors to source investment opportunities, acquire assets and undertake full technical and commercial management of renewable energy portfolios. Currently Exus manages 1 GW of development and 2.6GW of renewable energy between wind and solar energy sources across the continental United States and into Canada. Exus North America manages all sites from a technical, commercial, financial, compliance, revenue, and operational standpoint.
The HSE Manager will be based out of the Exus Pittsburgh office, and will provide HSE support to renewable energy projects in development and construction and operation phases. During development phase, this includes participating in project design and permitting activities, meeting all deadlines as required. For project construction phase, this includes ensuring contractor prequalification and reviewing contractor safety systems, training for safety systems, ensuring incident investigations are performed with corrective and preventive actions being implemented, and project safety reporting. For projects in operation, will primarily provide on-site HSE support for multiple projects involving various renewable energy scopes of work and will occasionally provide off-site support for our technicians and field supervisors.
The HSE manager will be responsible for:
· Develop, plan, and execute the corporate HSE strategy.
· Travel to field sites within PA, IL, NM, & TX. Travel is estimated at once a month, 15-20% of the role.
· Modify and maintain the HSE Manual to meet project-specific needs.
· Conduct HSE training sessions. Provide safety training to all employees,
· Maintain Safety Standard Operating Procedures and communicate them to employees.
· Identify workplace hazards and work with plant staff to mitigate/abate these hazards.
· Implement preventive measures and recommend improvements in unsafe conditions and equipment.
· Perform job site analysis, determine employee exposure, and institute safe work procedures.
· Identify and propose applicable Health and Safety KPIs for reporting to stakeholders. Manage data required for the KPIs and provide metrics to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner as required.
· Conduct incident investigations and manage the return-to-work program.
· Ensure all incidents and near misses are properly investigated.
· Oversee the Company Substance Abuse Program, including drug and alcohol testing.
· Maintain all site-required documentation related to HSE issues.
· Work with project personnel and subcontractors to monitor HSE functions.
· Ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations and requirements.
· Conduct safety-related new hire orientation and training.
· Minimize construction hazards and enforce safety policies utilizing the company’s disciplinary policy.
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Engineering, Technology, or relevant Applied Sciences from an accredited institution.
· 3 years experience managing health and safety for renewable energy construction/operations/electrical environments.
· Provide subject matter expertise in technical areas to include OSHA, EPA, NFPA, NEC, NIOSH, ANSI, and ASTM.Certifications in those areas are preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, across organizational and geographic boundaries, and meet deadlines.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Be accountable for all work and completion of all tasks.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to proactively prioritize, multitask, and collaborate in a team environment, and be able to work independently.
· Basic understanding of contract or legal document structures, and how to read/decipher a contract.
· Proficient working in Adobe, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and all other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Interested candidates should send resume to email@example.com