Exus Management Partners North America is an independent developer, operator, investment and asset management firm focused on the renewable energy sector (wind, solar, and battery storage). Exus combines comprehensive financial, technical, and operational know-how to develop, construct and operate utility scale renewable projects in North America. In addition, Exus works on behalf of an increasing variety of investors to source investment opportunities, acquire assets, re-power existing assets and undertake full technical and commercial management of renewable energy portfolios. Exus North America manages all sites from a technical, commercial, financial, compliance, revenue, and operational standpoint.
The growing Exus Development team is seeking a GIS Manager. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the Exus North America GIS (GeographicalInformation Systems) program, support and GIS implementations. This includes overseeing all GIS related support to all Exus wind, solar and BESS projects, implementing new GIS methodologies, applications and strategies. This manager will have overall management of the company’s GIS related hardware, software, tools, and licenses. In addition, this position will: facilitate and support all project teams within the company with all GIS related requests and tasks, identify resources needed to support the many functions and GIS related activities of the company’s Development, Operations and Asset Management departments.
Location: Exus Corporate Office, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Primary point of contact for allGeospatial related needs within Exus NA
- Manage and oversee company GIS program, including all GIS related hardware, software, licenses future planning budgeting and implementation of new GIS software
- Provide geospatial support all wind, solar and battery development efforts
- Perform basic to advanced geospatial tasks using ESRI ArcGIS products and extensions
- Support development, engineering, and construction efforts with applicable GIS deliverables to both internal customers, consultants and external clients
- Produce Engineering drawings required for environmental compliance and site layouts
- Develop consistent standards for GIS support to advance company goals
- Manage and organize a digital library of GIS geographical maps in various file types
- Work with variety of data sources to develop databases of property information for site developers, including project boundaries and property ownership, leased lands, wind data, transmission lines, environmental and planimetric site features, etc.
- Integrating set-back criteria from project specific data sources including aerial imagery to create project level ‘buildable lands’ digital area maps for integration with project building and modeling software like Transect, PlantPredict and WindPro
- Identifying and formatting publicly available datasets for use in development effort
- Work closely with development team in placement of solar arrays and wind turbines with sensitivity to landowners concerns and inputs
- Create high-quality static and interactive maps for site analysis, presentation, publication and wind/solar generation layouts
- Perform GIS related data audits and implement quality control measures
- Interact with public agency staff and external consultants to gather GIS and related data files and to investigate potential data corrections and updates
- Create, edit, and manage metadata, including data sources, geo processing history and attribute descriptions
- Assist transitions of GIS applications to next generation environments and/or cross- functional systems
- Attend professional development and training opportunities in order to increase knowledge base and development into multiple areas of theRenewable energy industry including Resource assessment and Project Management
- BS/MS degree,preferably in field directly applicable to GIS such as Computer Science,Information Technology, Cartography, Geography, Engineering (Environmental,Surveying, and Planning) or related technical discipline
- At least 2 years’ experiencewith GIS systems and geospatial data analysis
- Thorough knowledge and experience with ESRI suite of softwareincluding Arc Desktopand extensions, ArcGIS Server, Modelbuilder and Geodatabases
- Experience employing GIS software for analytical decisionsupport and communicative cartography including:
- Projection/coordinate systems
- Data Collection and data conversions of various types (GIS to Non-GIS)
- Digitizing/editing techniques
- Spatial analysis and geo processing techniques for both raster and vector
- Site suitability analysis with ModelBuilder
- Surface interpolation, including data from LiDAR based systems
- QA/QC procedures
- Cartographic Standards and final high-quality cartography production
- Good working know ledge with CAD drawings and CAD to ESRI data conversions
- Ability to effectively analyze and solve problems, translate business requirements into system requirements and relate technical communication issues clearly, both orally and in writing, to non-technical individuals
- Proficient in standard MS Office applications, Google Earth (KMZs and KMZ conversions)
- Attention to detail/accuracy,analytical mindset and outstanding quantitative skills sets
- Teamplayer with enthusiasm for learning, pushingtechnical limits and finding new solutionsfor resolving complex technical challenges
- Experience with Road, Transmission Line/Substation Design, and Areasof Disturbance calculations, a plus
- Basic understanding of programming languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL etc.), desirable
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Travel 10-15%; travel to project sites on a limited basis.
Interested candidates please apply via JazzHR. See link below.