Exus is an independent investment and asset management firm focused on the renewable energy sector. The company works on behalf of an increasing variety of investors to source investment opportunities, acquire assets and undertake full technical and commercial management of renewable energy portfolios. Currently Exus manages 1 GW of development and 2.6GW of renewable energy between wind and solar energy sources across the continental United States and into Canada. Exus North America manages all sites from a technical, commercial, financial, compliance, revenue, and operational standpoint.
The Assistant Operations Manager will be based in Pittsburgh and will assist to ensure safe and reliable operation of the Twin Ridges Wind Farm. This individual will help manage the O&M team performing maintenance operations of the wind turbines at the site, and be responsible for Balance of Plant maintenance operations.
Location: Big Savage LLC (Twin Ridges) - Meyersdale, PA
Key Responsibilities: All tasks below are done under the direction of the OM
- Daily tasks include morning and afternoon updates, oversee operations, and working with O&M provider and internal technical team to maximize production.
- Weekly tasks include safety tailgate meeting, preparing for weekly report and preparing week ahead outage request report.
- Monthly tasks include aid in compiling the Operations Monthly Report, substation inspections (including battery), facility inspections (trucks, fire equipment, AED, shop, office, eye wash), PPE – fall protection inspections, FAA light inspections, WTG grout ring (this includes fire extinguishers, and switch gear gas check), Hazardous ID find and monthly OEM audit, comparing availability calculations to O&M provider.
- Quarterly tasks include substation battery inspection, which is done during substation inspections, participate in management meeting with O&M providers to resolve important issues, turbine inspections (1-2QAQC inspections per Quarter).
- Biannual tasks include high voltage glove testing, GSU oil sample testing, vehicle maintenance and comparing availability calculations to O&M provider.
- Annual tasks include OSHA 300 Log (post by February 1st), CPR/AED training, Tower Rescue training, emergency rescue drill with emergency services, internal emergency drills, testing high voltage hot sticks, substation revenue meter calibration, tool calibrations, comparing availability calculations to O&M provider, HVAC maintenance (both substation units and O&M office), substation maintenance and the testing and re-certification of fire extinguishers.
- Technician Licenses as appropriate for wind turbine O&M.
- 5-7 years experience in wind farm O&M with measurable track record of success in prior positions.
- Ability to safely climb wind turbines (100m or more in height) using a fixed ladder system.
- Work at heights, work in confined spaces and maintain awkward positions for extended periods of time.
- Work in close proximity to high-voltage and high EMF emission equipment, and work exposed to extreme weather conditions (high/low ambient temperatures, strong winds, rain, snow, and sleet).
- Ability to lift 60 punds to should height.
- Team player, able to leverage across disciplines and departments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and a professional demeanor.
- Flexible and tactful in working with a variety of situations and people to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Travel 10-15%
Interested candidates please apply via JazzHR here.