Exus is seeking an Accounting Manager to manage a new position related to residential solar projects. The Accounting Manager will have lead responsibility for all aspects of the reporting relationship with the external Client.
This is a demanding, fast-paced position that will require the successful candidate to be a self-starter, a true professional, and to take ownership of the position from day one. The reward will be to participate and grow as an important member of a well-financed, high growth renewable energy/ asset management company with an experienced management team. Please note, this role is fully in-office. Remote work not possible.
The Accounting Manager’s main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ensure technical compliance for a variety of accounting topics under both US GAAP and IFRS, including complex areas such as derivatives, business combinations and purchase accounting.
- Prepare and issue monthly and quarterly financial reports, including audited financial statements.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting functions.
- Ensure all accounting practices are following legal guidelines and accounting principles.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
- Ensure compliance filings are submitted on time.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Manage day-to-day contact with clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller such as creating internal controls and policies.
- BS degree in Accounting; preference for candidates with CPA or MBA. Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in the audit function of either a Big 4 or large regional CPA firm; public accounting experience required. .
- Technical knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Excellent understanding of tax laws and government guidelines pertaining to energy and corporate investments.
- Experience with the preparation of annual, audited financial statements including footnotes.
- Ability to interpret complex agreements and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Experience managing simultaneous complex activities in a high-growth, start-up environment; experience managing junior employees.
- Wind and/or solar energy project development, renewable energy industry and partnership experience helpful.
- Team player with a can-do attitude who takes a collaborative approach, strives for excellence, and acts with integrity.
- Highly organized, attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Exus is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer actively seeking to diversify the workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resume to hr-us@ExusPartners.com